Featuring Barbara Tsakirgis, associate professor of classics
July 16-27, 2015
Adults from $8,190, per adult, double occupancy
Children from $5,495
For more information contact us
or call (615) 322-3673 to learn more.
Introduce your favorite young person to international travel with this family adventure in the ancient Mediterranean. Mythology comes alive on this 10-night cruise with stops in Greece, Turkey and Italy. Climb the Acropolis. Ride a donkey to Santorini’s volcano. Travel to Olympia and participate in your own Olympic games. Explore the ruins of Pompeii. Swim in the Mediterranean. Your home is the 50-guest yacht, Arethusa, whose small size allows it to access in out-of-the-way ports and harbors.
“Come join me behind-the-scenes at the Athenian Agora, visit one of the seven wonders of the ancient world at Ephesos, tour the labyrinth of the Minotaur, and see where the Olympic Games began.”--Barbara Tsakirgis, associate professor of classics and history of art
The Arethusa is a small cruise ship that is perfect for your journey through the Mediterranean. All 26 spacious cabins feature sea views and most include private balconies with floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors.
- Young Explorers Program, a series of educational and recreational activities for children and young adults ages 7–18, led by youth education counselors
- Welcome and farewell cocktail receptions aboard ship
- All meals aboard ship including: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Wine with dinner aboard ship
- Educational program of lectures and discussions by accompanying study leaders
- Professional Travel Dynamics International tour staff
- Complete pre-departure materials
- Baggage handling and transfers abroad on the designated program arrival and departure dates
- Gratuities to guides and drivers