Featuring Marshall C. Eakin, professor of history and faculty director, Ingram Scholarship Program
April 12-24, 2015
From $7,195, per person, double occupancy
Call (615) 322-3673 or download the trip brochure to learn more and register.
This 12–day adventure takes you from the top of Sugar Loaf Mountain with its spectacular views of Rio de Janeiro to Salvador—known as the “soul of Brazil”— before you enter the very heart of the jungle with a cruise down the mighty Amazon. Rio highlights include a train ride to see the Christ the Redeemer statue and visits to the Copacabana and Ipanema. In Salvador you’ll see the historic Old Town, while exotic flora and fauna will be on display during your river cruise.
- Two in-tour flights (Rio to Salvador and Salvador to Manaus)
- Tour director throughout your trip
- Meals: 11 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners
- Private motor coach
- Guided field trips, excursions and tours
- Baggage handling
- Professional, English-speaking Brazilian guides at all locations.
- All tips, service charges and taxes during the land portion of the trip
Your trip will include deluxe, first-class accommodations and a four-night cruise aboard Ibersostar Grand Amazon with alcoholic beverages included.